From 2024, all Year 10, 11 and 12 students will be required to participate in the BYOx program. This program requires students to bring a digital device such as a laptop or tablet to school to support their learning. Android devices and Chromebooks are not supported.
Students using their own device will be:
Operating in a digital classroom – Accessing lesson material, assessment and a dedicated student working space that can be used to collate notes, conduct research and online learning.
Using software and processes that are consistent with industry practice, preparing our learners for career development and the workforce.
When appropriate, have the opportunity to receive feedback on learning and assessment from teachers.
BYOx Program - All other Students
Students in other year levels may bring a device to support their learning once their parent/caregiver has signed the BYOx Student Charter.
Joining BYOx Program
- Check your device specifications agaisnt our requirements, found in the BYOx Parent Handbook, to ensure your device is compatible. Please note Android devices and Chromebooks are NOT compatible. Devices must have a 5Ghz wireless capable card in order to connect to our network.
- Read the BYOx Student Charter, fill in the last page and hand in the completed form to the Student Counter.
- Enrol your device before bringing it to school using this help guide.
More information about InTune and BYOxLink can be found here: BYOxLink Information and User Guides
Onboarding Help Videos:
Windows Help Sheets
iOS Help Sheets
Macintosh (Mac) Help Sheets
Microsoft Office 365 for Personal Devices
All state school students from Prep to Year 12, can now download multiple free copies of the Microsoft Office Suite to their personal home and mobile computer equipment. Students who want the free software will need an active Managed Internet Service (MIS) login, school email account and password - those who do not have these should contact their school's MIS Administrator or class teacher. The administrator will help students activate their MIS login. Currently, MS Office Suite is available for students' personal equipment only - not equipment which is part of a school network. The following information has been designed to support students with the download:
OneDrive for Students (Cloud Storage)
Students in our school will be able to access Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business through the MIS Gateway.
OneDrive for Business provides a secure place on the internet where school-related files can be stored, shared and synced.
Below is a link to information outlining how OneDrive will function within the department’s IT network, as well as information packs for parents and students.
Each student will gain access to:
- a OneDrive for Business library with five terabytes of storage per person
- an expanded suite of Office Online web applications, including OneNote, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.