BSSC 2022 - Learning at home processes
All year 11 and 12 students learning from home will have their daily attendance automatically recorded as learning online. Any student who is sick or unable to learn from home should follow our regular processes; i.e. Inform the school by phone (07 3816633) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students need to log onto emails and eLearn platform by 8:45am each day
Each student has an official school Outlook email account that can be accessed on all devices and platforms. The email account of any user is their school username followed by @eq.edu.au
For example, a student's login is jbieb14 and their email is: email@example.com
Students can access their Outlook email account at webmail.com.au
Students will receive their timetables via email.
How to access eLearn - virtual classrooms for students - step by step guide
Every state school student is given the tools and materials for remote-online learning. Bundamba SSC has the platforms available to keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning online.
To access online learning resources students will need an active school email account and can follow the step by step guides below:
From a PC or laptop: Click here for a step by step guide (PDF, 684KB).
From a tablet or mobile device: Click here for a step by step guide (PDF, 684KB).
The Blackboard app allows students:
- Easy access to course updates, content and your grades
- See upcoming assignments and tests
- Receive push notifications for course content
- Attach files for assessment purposes
- View and reply to course discussion activity
Students can download the Blackboard Mobile Learn app for free. Click below to download the Blackboard App for your mobile device.
How to Download Free Microsoft Office Software
IT ACCESS ISSUES – eg I can't get on The Learning Place, technical issues with computer
- IT support staff will be at school on Monday to assist with any concerns you may have. They can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Departmental Online Learning Activities
Learning@home - Click Here
How Parents Can Support Students while Learning At home.
- Establish an appropriate place in the house where you student can learn. If possible, avoid living rooms where other distractions can occur eg. noise from TV, gaming consoles, mobile phones etc.
- Ensure students have accessed their school email and eLearn classrooms every Monday morning by 9am to access their weekly learning instructions for all of their subjects.
- Assist your student/s to establish and stick to a routine for learning. Make sure there are breaks for morning tea, with a timely return and a break for lunch as well as movement breaks during the time they are learning.
- Encourage your student/s to communicate with their teachers. It is suggested they check their emails daily as they may receive updates or feedback about submitted work.
- Encourage students to communicate with their teacher via the subject Discussion Board for their subject. Teachers will be available for contact during their normal timetabled lesson times on this discussion board – check your students timetable for these times!
- If parents have questions and require further assistance, please contact the classroom teacher in the first instance. A comprehensive list of contacts is located on the schools webpage at https://bundambassc.eq.edu.au/our-college/our-staff including contacts for wellbeing support services (Guidance Officer, YSC,CEC, Nurse) and IT support staff.